Planning on vacationing with your dog this year? Exploring the Crystal Coast with your four-legged friend can be an experience not soon forgotten. Our beaches welcome your dogs year-round, so whether you’re hitting the waves with your champion swimmer or coasting the sound with your paddleboard loving pooch – make sure you’re well equipped for their vacation!
Tips for Vacationing with Your Dog on The Crystal Coast
- You might like sun tanning but your dog does not! Make sure you provide him or her with some shelter from the sun to cool off in the shade.
- Freshwater is essential! Make sure you take enough water for your lucky dog on those hot summer days. Bring along a collapsible water bowl to save space in your beach bag!
- Over 25 miles of soft sandy beaches are just waiting to be sniffed, dug, and explored! Just make sure they are on a leash and cleaned up after. If they poop — you scoop.
- Water toys are a must! Make sure you pack a few toys that float — making it easier to find them in the waves.
- Some pups are not natural swimmers. If yours fits in that “I swim like an anchor” category, a doggie life jacket is the best way for those stumpy pups to enjoy the waves and sound!
- Do you love capturing your Crystal Coast vacation? Try taking it all in from a different point of view! Strap that GoPro to your pup and enjoy the sand, sun, and surf doggy style. Share your videos with us on Facebook!
What tips did we miss for vacationing with your dog? What would you add to this article? Let us know in the comments. We’d love to hear from you!