When you move, it’s important to take special care with your large appliances. Here’s how to make a smooth move when it comes to Moving Appliances:
- With all appliances, first disconnect them from power and water sources. If you need help, call in a professional.
- Disconnect washer inlet hoses from hot- and cold-water faucets. Don’t lose the screen in each inlet hose end. Have a bucket handy to catch remaining water. Clean screen of sediment. Next remove the drain hose from the standpipe; empty hose. When requesting moving cartons, ask for the plastic shipping ring that fits inside the washer lid and holds the tub in place. Finally, tape the washer lid down with masking tape.
- Move the dryer away from the wall and disconnect venting material. Disassemble the venting system and clean it. Remove any lint build-up.
- On electric ranges, tape coil elements to range top. On gas ranges, remove surface grates. Clean storage drawer. Remove or tape down all knobs. Remove broiler pan and racks from the oven; tape the door shut.
- Clean the outside and back of the refrigerator and remove handles if necessary to fit through the doors of your old or new home. Tape doors shut and electrical cords up and out of the way.
For more information on moving appliances, furnishings, and even pets check out our extensive moving guide which covers all aspects of relocating to the Crystal Coast and beyond.