Are you planning on vacationing with your dog this year? Exploring the Crystal Coast with your four-legged friend can be an unforgettable experience. Our beaches welcome your dogs year-round, so whether you’re hitting the waves with your champion swimmer or coasting the sound with your paddleboard-loving puppy – make sure you’re well-equipped for their vacation!
Tips for Vacationing with Your Dog on The Crystal Coast
- You might like sun tanning, but your dog doesn’t. Ensure you provide your dog with shelter from the sun to cool off in the shade.
- Freshwater is essential! Be sure you take enough water for your lucky dog on those hot summer days. Bring along a collapsible water bowl to save space in your beach bag!
- Over 25 miles of soft sandy beaches are waiting to be sniffed, dug, and explored! Just make sure your dogs are on a leash and that you pick up after them. If they poop — you scoop.
- Water toys are a must! Pack a few floating toys, making finding them in the waves easier. Stop by our Emerald Isle office and pick up a tennis ball for your pup.
- Some dogs are not natural swimmers. If your dog isn’t a strong swimmer, a doggie life jacket is the best way for those stumpy pups to enjoy the waves and sound!
- Do you love capturing your Crystal Coast vacation? Try taking it all in from a different point of view! Strap your GoPro to your pup and enjoy the sand, sun, and surf from your dog’s point of view. Share your videos with us on Facebook!
“Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole” – Roger Caras
Dog Parks on the Crystal Coast
Bring your dog to one of these Crystal Coast dog parks while you’re here and have a pawsitively good time. Your dog can run, jump, and meet a few new friends.
901 Main St E, Swansboro, NC 28584
5042 Mattie St., Morehead City, NC 28557
2200 Mayberry Loop Road, Morehead City, NC
ALSO SEE: Pet-Friendly Places on The Crystal Coast
Plan to Capture Vacation Memories with your Dog
Love your pup so much that you want to capture some special vacation memories together? Then you’ve got to check out Crystal Coast Dog. Crystal Coast Dog shares its incredible passion for pets. They offer pet portraits, resources, and a blog filled with information you’ll enjoy.
ALSO SEE: 5 Tips for Renting with Your Dog
Dogs Stay Free and Pet-Friendly Vacation Rentals on the Crystal Coast
Beach vacations are meant to be enjoyed by everyone in the family when you vacation Crystal Coast-style! Explore our pet-friendly, dogs-stay-free vacation rentals below and book your next Crystal Coast beach vacation today! You’ll find our inclusive dogs-stay-free vacation homes all along our coast from Swansboro to Beaufort, NC. If you have any questions, give us a call.
Go ahead, bring your best friend! We look forward to having their paws in the sand.
What tips did we miss for vacationing with your dog? What would you add to this article? Let us know in the comments. We’d love to hear from you!
SAVE FOR LATER