Why Emerald Isle Vacation Rentals Are Perfect for Summer
Depending on your penchants, a few things may come to mind when pondering summer on the Crystal Coast. From offshore fishing to touring historic seaside towns, our beloved slice of North Carolina provides a gamut of fun activities for friends and families. And if you and your crew have a wide range of interests, it’s probably worth finding an ideal location in our regional summer paradise. Thankfully, we have a collection of Emerald Isle vacation rentals that are as eclectic as the nearby things to do! Even so, you may be wondering, “Why Emerald Isle?” Well, we’re here to show you!
Emerald Isle Vacation Rentals Offer Beach Access
Although many refer to the entire island as Emerald isle, the island has several communities; Emerald Isle, Indian Beach, Pine Knoll Shores, Salter Path, and Atlantic Beach. As such, you can easily find public beach access, and we have several vacation rentals nearby, from spots by The Point to properties just minutes from Fort Macon State Park. So whether you want to go sightseeing, swimming, boating, or simply lounge around and watch the clouds drift by, Emerald Isle is a sure bet!
May’s a Great Time to Visit Emerald Isle
“May weather in the 70s makes for a great time to visit the coast of North Carolina. With about 300 miles of barrier island beaches, coastal towns, history, seafood, and wildlife, the state’s coastal area is perfect…” “On the 85-mile stretch of the southern Outer Banks known as “The Crystal Coast,” events include the Beaufort Music Festival (May 19-20) and the Atlantic Beach Music Festival on May 20. Cape Lookout National Seashore features the 19th-century Cape Lookout Lighthouse, which opens to visitors in May. The area has been designated as an International Dark Sky Park, creating a perfect place for stargazing. Wineries, breweries, oysters, Marshallberg Caviar Farm, and a variety of restaurants make dining another North Carolina coast pleasure.” – Travel + Leisure
10 Things to Do on Emerald Isle This Summer
Here is a quick list of 10 things to do on Emerald Isle this summer (and just about any time) –
- It goes without saying that spending time on the beach is among the primary summer attractions anywhere on Emerald Isle. Here is a handy guide to the local beach access points.
- Check out AB WaterSports out of Atlantic Beach for jet ski, boat, and kayak rentals. They also offer tours!
- Spend part of your day at Emerald Isle Woods Park and enjoy the disc golf course, floating dock, and several walking trails. It’s a great place for bird watching, and they also have a pier, four grills, and a picnic pavilion.
- We may not be Malibu, but the Emerald Isle offers a genuine surfing experience. Hot Wax Surf Shop is the go-to spot for anyone wanting to learn to surf or get the inside scoop on the best sites to paddle out. They also have surfboard, standup paddleboard, and kayak rentals with delivery!
- Fort Macon State Park is excellent for history buffs and outdoor enthusiasts alike. In addition to the fully-restored Fort Macon, this Emerald Isle staple offers several activities, including biking, hiking, paddling, swimming, and fishing.
- Lost Treasure Golf & Raceway offers a place for kids and kids at heart to enjoy timeless recreation like mini-golf, go-kart racing, and bumper boats.
- Salty Pirate Water Park is a simple yet satisfying way to cool off in the summer. The multiple waterslides and wading pools make it a great option for families.
- There are several Emerald Isle fishing charters that will undoubtedly provide an unforgettable angling experience. If you’d prefer to go at it alone, there are several public boat launches and fishing piers throughout the Crystal Coast.
- Beachcombing at The Point on the west end of Emerald Isle is a unique way to immerse yourself in the oceanside scenery.
- Take in a stunning sunset from the Bogue Inlet Pier as the tides roll in. As a bonus, you can head over to Surf’s Up Bar & Grill for comfort food and drinks.
Emerald Isle: Your Launchpad in the Crystal Coast
The best part about choosing an Emerald Isle vacation rental for your getaway is the ease of getting around the area. Emerald Isle has everything you need and is the primary anchor of Highway 58, the main thoroughfare that runs east and west. You’ll be able to travel within the island to Atlantic Beach, Indian Beach, Salter Path, and Pine Knoll Shores. Still, you’ll also be able to hop back onto the “mainland” to visit places like Cedar Point, Cape Carteret, Morehead City, and Beaufort.
As the Crystal Coast’s premiere vacation rental provider, Bluewater wants to help you make the most of your summer vacation. From savings and discounts to our exclusive rental collections, we’ll ensure your stay is one of the best yet. To find out more or start planning your summer vacation, head over to our Crystal Coast vacation rentals page and reach out with any questions!
What do you look forward to most about summer on Emerald Isle? Have you started planning for Memorial Weekend and the Fourth of July? Let us know in the comments below.
SAVE FOR LATER