Beaufort Pirate Invasion 2022
September 23, 2022 – September 25, 2022 – Times Vary Daily
Mark your calendars and get ready for the annual Beaufort Pirate Invasion at Gallants Channel! For three full days, you can step back in time with the sights and sounds of the 17th century as Beaufort comes alive with over a hundred pirate and militia re-enactors as they overrun the town. There will be activities for everyone, young and old, to enjoy throughout the town. Enjoy historical demonstrations such as sword fighting, cannon firing, black powder weapons displays, a mock trial and hanging, and so much more. Featuring family-friendly comedy shows, encampments, vendors, magic shows, musical entertainment, sea battles, and more, the admission fee is reasonable at $10 for adults, and children that can “walk under the Plank” will enter free. There will be almost 200 professional performers this year, including professional magicians, swordfighters, pirate musicians too many to count, bullwhip demos, stilt walkers, mermaids, and peg-legged pirates. With wide eyes and amazement, aspiring young pirates will enjoy the spontaneous shenanigans as the nefarious characters roam the streets and shops, engaging in mock battles, bursting into song, and posing for pictures.
NC Maritime Museum Gallants Channel Annex, located just off the Beaufort Bridge at 293 W Beaufort Rd Ext, Beaufort, NC 28516.
Beaufort Pirate Invasion Schedule of Events
Friday, September 23, 2022
- 7:30 PM: Blackbeard’s Masquerade Ball. Buy your Beaufort Pirate Invasion 2022 tickets in advance online.
Saturday, September 24, 2022
- 8 AM until 10 AM: Brunch with pirates at the Beaufort Hotel. Buy your Beaufort Pirate Invasion 2022 tickets at the location or online.
- 10 AM: Pirate attack reenactment at the Beaufort Hotel. Vendors, cannon and small firearm demonstrations, sword fighting, puppet shows, axe throwing, and live music begin at the NC Maritime Museum Gallants Channel Annex.
- 11 AM: Reenactment of the Spanish pirate Invasion of 1747.
- 1 PM: Costume contest in the main tent.
- 3 PM: Sea battle reenactment.
- 4 PM: Convicted pirate trial reenactment.
- 5:30 PM: The main tent closes.
- 6:30 PM: Daytime event ends.
- 7 PM: Gates open for the evening event.
- 7:30 PM: Dinner and talent show. Buy your Beaufort Pirate Invasion 2022 tickets in advance online.
Sunday, September 25, 2022
- 11 AM: Gates open.
- 2 PM: Battle of Ocracoke reenactment.
- 5 PM: Beaufort Pirate Invasion ends.
The first Beaufort Pirate Invasion reenactment took place in July 1960, this year marks the 62nd anniversary of the successful event. Purchase your Beaufort Pirate Invasion 2022 Tickets for special events and general admission online. General Admission tickets can also be bought with cash or card in-person at the gate.
Crystal Coast Calendar of Events
Are you looking for more fun along the Crystal Coast? Check out our 2022 Crystal Coast Calendar of Events page!
Have you been to the Beaufort Pirate Invasion before? Comment with your favorite part about the event below! What are you looking forward to the most this year?