Bluewater Real Estate is proud to be an official drop-off location for the Carteret County Chamber of Commerce’s annual Cookies for the Troops.
The Military Affairs Committee (MAC) collects and delivers donated home-baked or store-bought cookies to service members who are stationed at Marine Corps Air Station Cherry Point, Marine Corps Auxiliary Landing Field Bogue, and Coast Guard Stations Fort Macon and Emerald Isle North Carolina.
We invite you to drop off your favorite cookies to be included in our donation. Drop off times are between December 13-15, 2021 9 am – 5 pm. Our drop off location is at our Bluewater Real Estate Office – 200 Mangrove Drive, Emerald Isle
Holiday cards are also appreciated. The treats will be delivered on Thursday, December 16. Donations will not be accepted after December 15. A big THANK YOU to our dedicated Military Affairs Committee members; Pegi Davis, Cathy Gainey, Sharon Salmon, and Kristie Elliott.
Other Area Drop Off Locations:
- Chamber of Commerce –33322 Bridges Street, Suite 6, Morehead City
- West Town Bank and Trust –804 Arendell Street, Morehead City
- Hilton O’Neal, Edward Jones –601 Cedar Street, Suite B, Beaufort
- M.F. Chappell Wine Merchant – 407 Atlantic Beach Causeway, Suite 12, Atlantic Beach
- Swansboro Area Chamber of Commerce –203 Church Street, Swansboro
Want to Treat our Troops Without The Hassle of Baking?
You’re in luck! Slice Bakery in Morehead City is once again baking special batches of cookies for “Cookies for the Troops.” Cookies are $16.95 for two dozen assorted cookies and they will be delivered to the Chamber of Commerce for you. Simply place your order online at SliceBakery.net, on their Slice Bakery’s Facebook page, or by calling (252) 497-8919. Orders must be placed by 5:00 pm on December 15.
6 Crystal Coast Vacation Itinerary Options
Planning a vacation can be a bit of a daunting task. We thought we’d take some of the guesswork out of what to do and give you 6 different Crystal Coast vacation itinerary options to choose from. There’s certainly no shortage of things to do. You just need to decide how to get in all in. Mix and match or use one of our suggested itineraries. Whatever you choose, have fun!
Keep Them Occupied: A schedule to wear out the most enthusiastic kids
- Day 1 – Catch a Marlins Baseball game in Morehead
- Day 2 – Go Geo Cashing around town. It’s like a giant treasure hunt. See www.geocaching.com/play. When you’re done, grab some pizza at Pizza Inn!
- Day 3 – Have the little ones compete to see who can find the biggest seashell or shark’s tooth on the beach.
- Day 4 – Take the kids to one of our many parks and let them burn off some energy! See: Jean Preston Memorial Park Playground and Emerald Woods
- Day 5 – Ride a Banana Boat with the whole gang at Island Water Sports
- Day 6 – Take the kids to MacDaddy’s for bowling, skeeball, pinball, and a video game room full of fun!
- Day 7 – Ride the ferry to Ocracoke and take the kids to see the Ocracoke Banker Ponies
- A Little Romance: A list of activities that are sure to put a spark in your vacation
- Day 1 – Go on a Hungry Town Bike Tour / Go on a Sunset Sail with Water Bug Tours.
- Day 2 – Have dinner delivered to your rental by East Coast Concierge
- Day 3 – Enjoy wine tasting at Emerald Isle Wine Market. They have wine tastings and other events year-round.
- Day 4 – Let Carolina Picnic set up a romantic picnic for you on the beach or your preferred location.
- Day 5 – Have a quiet dinner for two on Intercoastal at Amos Mosquitos in Atlantic Beach
- Day 6 – Book a couples massage at Wellness Massage and Yoga. With their mobile service, They can even come to you!
- Day 7 – Take the Wild Horse and Dolphin Sunset Cruise with Crystal Coast Lady Cruises
- Adventure Enthusiasts: Accept the challenge of these adrenaline-filled activities
- Day 1 – Rent bikes and go on a bike ride in the Croatan Forest
- Day 2 – Try your hand at hang gliding with Kitty Hawk Kites
- Day 3 – Go on a paddleboarding adventure with Paddle NC!
- Day 4 – Try scuba diving NC off the coast of Beaufort where our world-famous shipwreck graveyard leaves lots to explore
- Day 5 – Go kayaking on Hammocks Beach and Bear Island
- Day 6 – Go skydiving
- Day 7 – Go deep sea fishing with Capt. Stacy
- Rainy Days: In the chance of inclement weather here are a few ideas to keep you occupied
- Day 1 – Visit the NC Aquarium in Pine Knoll Shores
- Day 2 – Go to the movies in Atlantic Beach or Emerald Isle
- Day 3 – Visit the Maritime Museum in Beaufort
- Day 4 – Visit the local book store, Emerald Isle Books and Toys, and pick up a book or some comics, and games
- Day 5 – Pick up one of our local versions of Monopoly and other board games and have a family game day
- Day 6 – Visit the History Museum in Morehead City
- Day 7 – Try your hand at Axe Throwing or a Rage Room
- Adults Only: A list just for the grown-ups
- Day 1 – Swing by the family-owned, independent craft brewery, Crystal Coast Brewing Company to try a wide variety of NC Beers
- Day 2 – Enjoy drinks and music at Jacks’s Waterfront Bar
- Day 3 – Take a painting class with friends at Wine and Design in Morehead City.
- Day 4 – Go on a distillery tour of Bogue Sound Distillery
- Day 5 – Dance the night away at E Club
- Day 6 – Grab drinks at 34 North in Cedar Point and enjoy live music, food trucks, and a game of Cornhole
- Day 7 – Try a craft beer at The Growler Bar
- History Buffs: This Crystal Coast itinerary is for History lovers
- Day 1 – Plan a trip to Fort Macon in Atlantic Beach to explore, take a guided tour, or catch a cannon firing
- Day 2 – Take a tour through the Beaufort Historic Site and check out the Robert W. and Elva Faison Safrit Historical Center as well
- Day 3 – Visit Beaufort’s Old Burial Grounds dating as far back as the 1700s
- Day 4 – Visit Tryon Palace, explore on your own or take a guided tour
- Day 5 – Visit the History Museum in Morehead City
- Day 6 – Learn about local maritime history at the Maritime Museum in Beaufort
- Day 7 – Explore the Battle of Newport Barracks Civil War Memorial Park
These 6 simple itinerary ideas are just a start! We hope they’ll help you find something that everyone will enjoy. Let us know if you decide to try some of these suggestions out. We’d love to hear from you!