Spring Home Maintenance Tips
It’s that time of year! Spring is right around the corner and we couldn’t be happier here at Bluewater. We know you’re probably gearing up for spring cleaning, but have you also considered a spring maintenance checklist?
Following are some helpful tips to get your home in shape so that you can enjoy the beautiful weather on our Crystal Coast:
- Examine your siding and replace and/or repair any damaged, loose or missing siding. Now would be a perfect time to power wash or scrub the outside of your home. Inspect for any visual signs of termite damage.
- Look over your foundation for structural damage.
- Ensure gutters are free of debris and are not loose or leaky.
- Examine your roof for debris and replace any missing shingles.
- Inspect your concrete driveway or sidewalk for cracks.
- Clean your chimney and inspect the flashing.
- Clean your dryer vent.
- Check for leaks around windows and doors.
- Inspect and repair your deck, steps and/or fences, if needed.
- Drain your hot water heater. Sediment can form in the bottom over time and prevent the drain valve from working properly.
- Service your heat pump as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Trim tree branches that are hanging too close to your home.
- Test and replace the batteries in smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Inspect your attic and ensure attic fans are functioning properly.
- Clean the inside or your fireplace.
- Check your electrical outlets for potential fire hazards.
- Check your fire extinguisher and ensure that it is operational.
- Check and replace air filters, if needed.
- Vacuum refrigerator coils.