Town of Emerald Isle – Hurricane Isaias: Update #2
- Red Flags are flying along the Bogue Banks
- The public is asked to avoid the water
* Bring in garbage cans, lawn furniture, bikes, toys, hanging plants and lawn decorations. If possible, remove the swings on your child’s swing set to prevent unnecessary damage.
* Move furnishings and valuables to the highest point in your house.
* Keep a supply of flashlights and extra batteries handy in case of loss of power. Avoid open flames, such as candles and kerosene lamps, as a source of light.
* If you lose power, turn off all major appliances to avoid a power surge when the power is turned back on.
* Do not drive or walk through standing water. Water can be deeper than it appears, and two feet of water can sweep away most cars and six inches of moving water can sweep you away when walking.
Town of Emerald Isle
7500 Emerald Drive
Emerald Isle, NC 28594