PRESS RELEASE April 27, 2020 Town of Emerald Isle: COVID-19 Updates
- May 9, 2020- Third Street parking lot will open to the public.
- May 9, 2020- Station Street parking lot will open to the public.
- The Western Ocean Regional Access (WORA) and Eastern Ocean Regional Access (EORA) remain closed due to construction. These parking areas will be made available to the public, (1) once construction is complete and (2) it is deemed safe to operate public restroom facilities.
APRIL 28, 2020 TOWN OF ATLANTIC BEACH COVID-19 UPDATE
AB PLANS PHASED RE-OPENING WITH RESTRICTIONS
The Town of Atlantic Beach remains under a State of Emergency in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. In an effort to limit the spread of the coronavirus while maintaining essential services, the Town has implemented several operational changes to ensure social and physical distance and limit exposure.
- Voluntary Self Quarantine lifted
- Ban on travel from outside of Carteret County to Atlantic Beach for recreation lifted
- Public Beach Accesses Open
- Limited Public Parking on New Bern Avenue Open
- Limited Public Parking on Henderson Blvd. Open
- The Circle Streets Open to Traffic
- Limited Public Parking Open (street only) at The Circle
- Public Parking Lots at The Circle Remain Closed
- Public Bathrooms Remain Closed
- Ban on Short Term Hotel/Motel Rentals Lifted
- Previously Booked Rentals, Between April 30-May 8, Allowed
- New Bern Ave and Henderson Avenue Public Spaces Fully Open
- Paid Parking Begins at All Public Spaces
- All Public Parking Lots Opened
- Town Lifeguard Service Begins
- Beach Access Public Restrooms Opened
- Town Park Opens
- Mini Golf and Splash Pad Opens
Note: Restaurants & Bars are subject to the Governor’s Executive Order & will not reopen until issued to do so by the State.
This plan is subject to change without notice based on progress made in limiting the effect of the coronavirus while maintaining COVID-19 safeguards and orders issued by Gov. Cooper. AB Police and Lifeguards are instructed to enforce social distancing and no large group gatherings.
MUNICIPAL FACILITY CLOSINGS
The Atlantic Beach Town Hall (125 West Fort Macon Road) has limited public access. Although facilities are closed, the work of the Town continues uninterrupted through the COVID-19 response.
Atlantic Beach residents and guests can access the Town’s full array of online resources at www.atlanticbeach-nc.com. Summer Parking Permits and Reentry Permit applications are available online. Utility customers may drop off payments in the drop box at Town Hall. Town Staff is currently checking the dropbox throughout the day. Paperwork and building permit application drop-offs by appointment. The Town will mail acknowledgments and receipts upon request.
Anyone with questions or concerns is encouraged to call the Town Hall main number 252-726-2121 or email email@example.com. Staff will reply promptly during normal business hours.
The Town of Atlantic Beach will continuously monitor the COVID-19 situation and provide updates to the public and media via our website and social media sites.
For press inquiries, contact David Walker, Town Manager at 252-726-2121 or firstname.lastname@example.org.