If you’re on the hunt for some cheap and unique items, or just ready to de-clutter your home and maybe pocket some cash- you’re in luck this weekend.
A few years ago, some locals started up a Facebook page promoting a Community-Wide Yard Sale day within the town of Emerald Isle. This year’s event is two days, Friday & Saturday (4/12 & 4/13) with a majority of the sales being offered on Saturday. The word spread quickly, and has created quite a popular weekend for area businesses and homeowners. ‘Pickers’ come from all over the area, ready and hopeful to fill their vehicles with some quality second-hand goods. As of right now, there are well over 30 participating homes and group sales scattered throughout the island (you can find the full list below).
The group has also partnered with a Free Smartphone app so that people can plot their course on the big day. The Yard Sale Treasure Map is available on the iTunes & Google Play Store, and maps out all of the area sales right on your phone. Pay attention to the list below to see which spots top your list! Some have descriptions, and some you’ll just have to see what’s available when you get there! Be sure to get there early, if you’re on the hunt for any big ticket items- as furniture and appliances tend to go fast on large sale days like this.
If you’re willing to do a little de-cluttering this week, there is still time to advertise- Just make sure you have plenty of detailed and directional signs along high-traffic areas.
Participating Homes & Neighborhoods
1. 9702 Lord Berkeley Drive- Royall Oaks subdivision on Saturday the 13th
2. 9702 Green Glen Road. April 13th- This is in Dolphin Ridge. I will have a wonderful selection of my home grown Southern Specialty Tomato plants, and Several pots of Succulents that do wonderful in hot, dry summers! Also household goods, and Bee Hotels , to attract honeybees which pollinate your plants!
3. 416 Cape Emerald Loop (Cape Emerald- Gate will be open on Saturday 4/13)
4. 114 Santa Maria- Saturday Only- TV Stand and household items
5. 204 Hurst Road. Saturday only 7:30-11:30. Toddler boy clothes and toys, stroller, Graco Pack n Play, Women’s clothes size 8/shoe size 9, picture frames, linen, Waterford China (set of 4), Baby bottles set/Breast pump, Patio chairs x 2
6. 114 Ocean Oaks Drive, Saturday, April 13th. 8 AM until Noon. Wooden hot tub steps, Furniture, hand tools, air tools, women’s clothing, animal trap/cage, carpenter bee traps, bar stools, old baseball cards, Civil War prints, and more.
7. 7505 Sound Drive
8. Double Family Yard Sale at 505 Sea Lavender Trail on Saturday, April 13th. Large & Small items available as well as open house- mobile home is for sale as well.
9. 1807 Emerald Drive- Satuday, April 13th- Housewares, furniture, jewelry, art, bunk bed frame & much more!
10. 124 Mangrove Drive. Saturday 4/13, 8am-noon. Schwinn twin bike brand new, Hairer de-humidifer, new (still in box) 5000 but window a/c, 2 nice wicker chairs with cushions, step ladder, 6 foot metal ladder and more!
11. 7901 Sound Dr. Friday & Saturday – Tools, Fishing items, wicker chairs, end tables, table & chairs, vintage bottles, pictures, dishes, clothing, gaming items, movies, lots of vintage glass dishes, chairs, stereo, lots of cast iron pieces, mirrors, LOTS of jewelry, Bar stools, printer/scanner, microwave, shoes size 6 to 7, Antique wood boxes, lights, toys from the 70’s to the 90’s, vintage belt buckles, records, and SO MUCH MORE……
12. 9703 Calypso Court (Dolphin Ridge off Coast Guard Road) Saturday, April 13 from 8am-11am! HUSBAND MAKING ME SELL EVERYTHING! Furniture (3 piece Broyhilll entertainment center, queen bed set with wicker headboard & nightstand, mattress & box spring used only a few times, tables etc) name brand clothes/shoes/bags (most new with tags), books, pool/beach items, kitchen, tools, fishing gear, boating items, lots of scrapbooking items, TV’s, DVD players, household items and lots more!
13. 138 Doe Dr. Household, lamps, dishes, sheets, comforters, shoes, lotions, baby car seat, misc baby items
14. 129 Doe Dr. Friday and Saturday 8 until! Vintage, antiques and collectibles (prices reflect) household,tools, clothes, books, jewelry and lots of good stuff!
15. 411 Hickory Street. Friday & Saturday- multi family. sale- Furniture, antiques, home goods, clothes men and women, tools, rugs and lots of miscellaneous stuff.
16. 7317 Sound Drive. Friday and Saturday- Beach items, household items and decor
17. 805 Ocean Dr. 2 sets of crate furniture. 2 couch loveseat & 3 chairs & ottoman $400 per set with cushions.
18. Yard sales at 410, 413, 418 and 421 Channel Drive, EI Saturday April 13th from 9 AM until 1 PM. Many household items, 410 Channel includes Ladies/Mens Boutique: Beautiful condition clothing ( LOTS of hardly worn or never worn!) lounge wear to formal wear and everything in between! Shoes, designer pocketbooks, Collectible bears, holiday decorations, linens (including 2 new comforter sets), Kitchen items, silver serving pieces, framed art work, Bicycles and helmets and an small electric scooter.
19. 324 Loblolly St on sound side. Friday from 7 to 3 and Saturday 7 to 1 lots of household items, furniture, clothing, longaberger items and tools. Something for everyone- Come and check it out!
20. 300 Osprey Ridge Dr unit 14. Sat 4/13 all day in parking lot. Wrought Iron patio table, 4 matching chairs, assorted housewares, girls toddler swing with hanging ropes.
21. 106 Rip Tide Court. Moving sale, including a grand piano.
22. 8529 Canal Dr. Weather permitting I will be set up Friday and Saturday- Wreathes, ornaments, lots of shoes, womens clothes, toaster oven, pocketbooks, a few electronics, CDs, & luggage.
23. 9804 Clarendon Drive. Saturday 8am – 2pm- Children toys, bikes, tricycle, scooter, “new in box” baby video monitor, bedspread/quilt sets, household goods , disabled/elderly medical equipment and supplies…walkers, “new in box” wheeled shower/commode chair, canes etc., tools, gardening supplies.
24. 9804 Clarendon Drive, Royall Oaks Subdivision
25. 401 Spell Drive. Kayaks, fishing carts, wake board, bikes, scooters, house hold items & much more.
26. Friday & Saturday- 301 Osprey Ridge Court, it’s in the cul de sac on the left. (There are two yellow houses both with house #301. ) I will put balloons on the mailbox. We will have Furniture, Clothing, Kids Clothing, Toys, Bikes, Misc.
27. 403 Channel Dr.
28. 5709 Ocean Drive- Saturday only. Some furniture, household, books, clothes, collectibles, security lights, hardware, military samples, frames, pictures, lamps. A potpourri of of items